RedEye Apps is more than just a business. We’re making a difference by creating jobs and opportunities that support Australia’s economic growth, industry innovation, and the entrepreneurs of tomorrow. We’re a startup that set its sights on global growth from day one.
Co-founders Wayne and Randall are very appreciative of the support they’ve received from the Australian and New Zealand ecosystem whilst scaling RedEye. To give back, they’re building a culture that is driven by community collaboration and engagement.
We add value whenever we can by sponsoring, donating time and expertise, event speaking, attending a variety of events, and supporting other startups.
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
- Women Who Code
- Grace Hopper Conference
- DDD Brisbane
- BrisMobile Meetup
- Women In Technology
- QUT Business School – Providing guest lectures
- UNLV (Digital Engineering course)
- Coder Academy
- Product Tank
- UX Brisbane
- CTO School
- Code Network
Water, Mining, Oil & Gas, Power, Infrastructure, and Healthcare
- Australian Water Association
- Infrastructure Advisory Queensland
- Women in Mining & Resources
- Project Management Institute
- Engineers Australia
- PMI & PMI Houston Chapter
- FACC Houston (French American Chamber of Commerce)
- PPDM – Professional Petroleum Data Management Association
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
Business and Entrepreneurship
- Griffith (TAG + 2019 Griffith Innovation Challenge) an event where students of all academic disciplines and experience levels are given the opportunity to work on ideas for innovative new products and services that could result in successful ventures and positive social change.
- Australia’s first Indigenous Startup Weekend (sponsor) giving aspiring Indigenous Australian entrepreneurs the skills and experience they need to launch a business as well as promoting Indigenous Australian entrepreneurship across Queensland.
- Bris Mobile Hackathon
- QUU WaterHack
- Office of the Chief Entrepreneur
- Startup World Cup
- ILab & Ideas Hub at UQ
- QUT Foundry
- QUT Creative Enterprise Australia
- Advance Queensland
- Export Council of Australia
- Startup Ecosystem
- Trade and Investment Queensland
Human Resources and Company Culture
- Hacking HR
Creating an Eco-conscious Office
- Company-wide power conservation policies.
- RedEye keep cups for all staff.
- Our company t-shirts are organic and ethically manufactured (sweatshop free).
Our internal committee “RedEye Gives Back” aims to raise a minimum $20,000 per year across a range of causes. We’ve contributed to organisations such as the Young Veterans Society, MS Queensland, The Smith Family Oz Harvest, the Australian Bushfire Disaster Relief Fund, and Movember.
Recognition in our Communities
- 2014 Tech23 – Citrix Best Early Stage Company Award
- 2015 Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Rising Star
- 2015 Lord Mayor’s Business Award, Made in Brisbane High Growth Company
- 2017 Mine Electrical Safety Association Innovation Award
- 2018 Mining Technology Award – Australian Technologies Competition
- 2018 Finalist Westpac Business of Tomorrow
- 2019 Finalist Multicultural Awards
- 2019 Finalist Trans-Tasman Awards
- 2019 LinkedIn Top Startups #1 in QLD, #18 in Australia
- 2019 Finalist Queensland Export Awards
- 2019 Finalist Women in Technology Awards (Armagan)
- 2019 Winner Women in Technology Awards Scholarship (Jaimie)
- 2019 Winner Women in Digital Awards (Ebony)